“Aging Gratefully: The Power of Good Health and Good Neighbors” has a first cut test screening at the Dairy Arts Center – Boedecker Theater. Doors 630pm – cash bar and snacks in the Polk Cafe – movie at 7pm. Tickets are free, but sign up so we can keep track of seats.
Filmmaker and Silver Sage Village senior cohousing resident Alan O’Hashi is mostly recovered from his 2013 death bed illness. As a result of that experience he’s become much more aware of his health, almost to the point of hypochondria.
One of his neighbors circulated information about a research study at the University of Colorado about the effects of exercise on brain health.
Curious, he applied and was selected to be a research subject. To measure success, the criteria emotional health and strength of relationship building.
Is living in an intentional community, such as cohousing, an added benefit to physical exercise? He interviewed CU researcher Angel Bryan about her research to gain an empirical perspective and six residents of newly-formed Germantown Commons to find out their anecdotal motivations to living in cohousing and whether living intentionally with neighbors was a positive experience and what physical activities happen in a group setting.
Germantown Commons Residents:
– Essie Sappenfield (retired)
– Doug Luckes (still working)
– Suzanne Glasgow (still working)
– Sarah Carroll (single mom)
– Chris Corby (still working)
– Ginger Lange (retired)
– Vicki Metzgar (retired)
– Bryan Bowen, AIA (Caddis Architects)
– Angela Bryan PhD,( Principal Investigator CU FORCE study)
Boulder Community Media (BCM) is providing production services again. BCM is putting together volunteer production crews to cover a variety of events in the various Downtown Boulder screening venues and at local businesses hosting special events during the Boulder International Film Festival (BIFF) March 2 – 5. Download the BCM volunteer agreement and email it back to BCM.
We’re also seeking a producer to coordinate cast and NewsTeam crews throughout the weekend. This requires a three and a half day commitment with some wiggle room.
Photographers must download and become familiar with the 2017 PHOTO GUIDELINES and WORKFLOW.
If you’d like to be a part of the BIFF that is largely unseen and very interesting, behind the scenes experience inquire within! For the most part, you do need to have particular expertise and experience with news, but we can always use more Production Assistants willing to learn by observation and diving into a project.
The schedule won’t be released until later in February, but we’re getting the word out so you can make plans around classes, work, and other commitments. Check out the BIFF News Team Production Call facebook page to keep up with the latest information.
BCM uses a “transmedia” approach where we produce news in a variety of forms:
- Editors – copy editors and video editors
- Writers – news gathers to go along to events
- Still Photographers – for all activities
- Video Photographers – for all activities
- Producers – if you want to produce, you should also have at least one other skill, have at a minimum a still camera and a strong back to schlepp gear.
- Social media – update facebook pages, tweet pix and experiences
- Website updates and maintenance
BCM generally runs at least two crews at any given moment, which means each crew has a producer, a video camera operator, a still camera operator a reporter on camera and a reporter off camera. In most cases, our news crews will be the only ones covering these events, many are newsworthy and your stories, images and video will be pushed out to the wire.
BCM will provide video cameras and tape for field work. BCM will have a MacBook Pro with Final Cut 7 available. We are inventorying assets and also let me know what kind of equipment you may be able to provide:
* video cameras etc. (they can be solid state and consumer grade, tripods, lights)
* still cameras (pocket cameras to DSLR cameras – do they have video capabilities)
* lap top computers (pc or mac and editing systems – Premiere, iMovie, FCP, movie maker)
Send an email to BCM if you’d like to be a part of the action. You can also join the BIFF News Team Production Call facebook page to keep up with the latest.